File System Archiving automatically configures the Internet Explorer settings so that the Web Access application computer is in the Internet Explorer trusted siteslist. File System Archiving checks this setting each time the file server is processed on an archiving run.
If the computer that runs the Placeholder service has incorrect Internet Explorer security settings, users cannot open any placeholder shortcuts. Each attempt todo so produces an entry on the Windows Application log on the placeholdercomputer, saying that there was an error downloading a file.
To configure the Internet Explorer security settings
- Log on as the Vault Service account to the computer that is running thePlaceholder service.
- On the Windows Start menu, click Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- In the list of zones, click Local intranet.
- Click Sites.
- Click Advanced.
- Enter the name of the Web Access application computer, without the DNSdomain, and then click Add.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the local intranet settings.
- On the Security tab of the Internet Options dialog box, click Custom Level.12 Under User Authentication in the Security Settings dialog box, select eitherAutomatic logon only in Intranet zone or Automatic logon with current username and password.
- Click OK to close the Security Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
Från Enterprise Vault Adminguide…